Did you know that in the past 5 years, 49 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Understand state rights and obligations, charging policy, facilities financing, management and control. Designed for Air Navigation Service Providers.
Course code: TCVG-25
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize major legal and financial issues in the management of air navigation services
- Identify external influences and changes in the legal and financial contexts in which ANSPs are expected to operate
- Explain the nature and scope of States legal rights and obligations with respect to the provision of ANS
- Review charging (pricing) policies for air navigation services
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Air transport industry overview
- Evolution of international aviation law
- Air navigation services legal framework
- ANSP commercialization
- Economic regulation of air navigation services
- ANS user charges
- Air navigation service financing
- Capital projects
- ANSP risk management and insurance
- ANSP performance measurement, including benchmarking
- ANSP corporate governance
This course is recommended for:
- Senior managers and aspiring managers in organizations providing Air Navigation Services
- Project managers in the management of change programs
- Managers from Civil Aviation Authorities responsible for regulating or delivering Air Navigation Services
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.