Legal and Financial Issues for Air Navigation Service Providers (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 49 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Understand state rights and obligations, charging policy, facilities financing, management and control. Designed for Air Navigation Service Providers.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCVG-25
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize major legal and financial issues in the management of air navigation services
- Identify external influences and changes in the legal and financial contexts in which ANSPs are expected to operate
- Explain the nature and scope of States legal rights and obligations with respect to the provision of ANS
- Review charging (pricing) policies for air navigation services
- Air transport industry overview
- Evolution of international aviation law
- Air navigation services legal framework
- ANSP commercialization
- Economic regulation of air navigation services
- ANS user charges
- Air navigation service financing
- Capital projects
- ANSP risk management and insurance
- ANSP performance measurement, including benchmarking
- ANSP corporate governance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Senior managers and aspiring managers in organizations providing Air Navigation Services
- Project managers in the management of change programs
- Managers from Civil Aviation Authorities responsible for regulating or delivering Air Navigation Services
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: