Aviation Law and Regulations (Classroom, 5 days)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 65 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This 5-day course will provide you with an overview of all relevant aspects of aviation law and regulation required in the airline industry and its partners/counterparts. You will learn about the regulatory framework applicable to the airline industry from both a public and private international law perspective and gain an overview of the major international legal instruments and roles of institutional players in domestic, regional and international aviation regulation. There will be a comprehensive review of all relevant contractual relationships as well as standard contractual documentation including typical airline contracts, basic aircraft finance and data protection management guidelines.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALL-18
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the international regulatory frame work applicable to the aviation industry and the main public international legal instruments
- Analyze key private international legal instruments applicable to the airline industry
- Describe the recent changes in data protection and airline obligations
- Compare and contrast the different types of aircraft financing
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of legal risk allocation tools in relation to contractual obligations and relationships
- Describe and practice typical contract clauses through role-play activities
- Public International Air Law
- Private International Air Law
- Data protection
- Airline contracts
- Aircraft Financing
- Case studies
- In-classroom exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation professionals
- Airline managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: