Aviation Security Awareness
Security is a concern for everyone in the industry, affecting virtually all areas of operation. Whether you work with passengers, cargo or at a security checkpoint, you have a role in keeping the industry safe. This course introduces you to the security measures and regulations you need to know to work responsibly in the industry. It also provides examples of practices you can apply in your workplace to identify and prevent potential security threats.
Course code: TSCS-13
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 40 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 325 (eBook) / USD 350 (printed)
USD 375 (eBook) / USD 400 (printed)
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- Your role as a future security professional in the overall aviation security framework
- The types of threats to consider in a security risk assessment
- Steps for enforcing security in your work areas
- The role of human factors in maintaining security
- Current threats to the aviation industry
- Aviation security regulations and the international organizations behind them
- Airport access control for people and vehicles
- Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security basics
- Common airport and in-flight security measures for responding to threats
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Entry-level security staff
- Industry personnel working with passengers or cargo
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 48 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: