1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s 1-day Aviation Security Response to Disruption and Contingency Arrangements course will enhance your readiness as an industry practitioner to respond to civil unrest or natural disasters, in the context of business continuity. You will learn how to develop risk reduction programs, scenario-based training and how to embed additional critical knowledge and preidentified transferable competence skill sets, such as AVSEC, across the business continuity and resilience landscape.
Course Code: TSCS-79-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the different impacts of man-made (i.e. civil unrest) disruption and natural disasters
Implement capability building frameworks
- Integrate stakeholder communication plans
- Determine the resources and their availability
- Analyze impact of events on operational performance
Identify key partnership approaches strategies
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Simulation modelling
- Risk reduction activities
- Develop priority programs
- Integrating of transferable skills
- Identification and mobilization of resources
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.