Basic Airside Safety - E-Learning - English
An interactive, flexible, and effective way of learning about the airport environment, airside safety, rules, aircraft danger zones, fire prevention and in the event of an incident, know the procedures to follow in fire action and how to administer first aid. Ideal for individuals or Organizations with a high number of trainees who need to meet the requirements to get airside access.
Course code: TALP-17
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within one year.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
Course fee by license
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Cover all critical parts of safety at the apron
- Provide a common knowledge-base to protect people and equipment, so that all staff can cooperate safely and respond to incidents and accidents
- Reduce the risk of accidents and ramp damages
- The airport environment
- The airport
- Hand signals
- Aircraft ground support equipment
- Security and Safety
- Aircraft danger zones
- Health and safety
- Severe weather conditions
- Traffic rules at the ramp
- Accident and incident reporting
- Fire and first aid
- Fire prevention
- Fire protection and fire action
- First aid
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel who have airside access
- All personnel involved in ramp operations
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 30
- Time Allowance: 1.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2