BSP and BSPLink Training for Travel Agents (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 370 participants from 14 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
1.5-day (12 hours) workshop
Designed for IATA Accredited Travel Agents, learn more about local IATA Billing and Settlement Procedures (BSP) and Governance, and the latest enhancements or functionalities in BSPLink. During the Workshop, you will gain a good understanding of how you can maximize your efficiency when managing back-office reconciliations, how to interpret reports, understand BSP processes, and how to use BSPLink as a vital resource for information.
Course code: TTTG-02
- Participants should have prior knowledge of BSPlink functionalities and reporting procedures.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define Billing and Settlement Procedures (BSP) processes and understand local financial criteria and requirements
- Use common terms and decode abbreviations
- Locate and interpret the reporting calendar and billing reports
- Use the BSPlink tool and various BSPlink functions to manage in-office BSP operations
- Manage refund applications
- Investigate the status of BSP transactions and handle remittance procedures
- Manage agency credit and debit memos
- Minimize errors, adopting best practices in dealing with agents and on BSPlink
- Use the IATA Customer Portal
- Understand market monitoring
The key topics that are covered during this workshop include:
- IATA Governance
- Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP)
- IATA BSP and BSP language
- BSPlink functionalities
- BSP standard traffic documents, Agency Debit Memo (ADM) and Agency Credit Memo (ACM) procedures
- BSP Airline billing reports and procedures
- BSP remittance and settlement procedures
- BSP calendar, disputing and irregularity procedures
- Market monitoring report and market performance information
- Appropriate use of the IATA Customer Service Portal
Who should attend
This workshop is recommended for:
- Travel agents and agency owners
- Accountants, finance and back-office staff
An IATA Certificate of Participation is awarded to all workshop participants.