Cargo Introductory Course
With over 52 million tons of cargo shipped annually, the air cargo industry is the place to be. Prepare yourself to work in the industry with this comprehensive course. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.
This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
Course code: TCGP-11
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 160-200 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 291 (eBook) / USD 291 (printed)
USD 339 (eBook) / USD 339 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments
- Arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures
- Apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments
- Complete air waybills accurately
- Prepare shipments ready for carriage
- Operations at cargo agencies, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Air cargo acceptance basic rating principles
- Air waybill completion
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- IATA geography, TACT, and other cargo manuals
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Newcomers to the industry
- Cargo agent and air freight forwarder sales and marketing staff
- Airline and manufacturer sales, reservations, and acceptance staff
- Junior-level managers at cargo agents, airlines, and manufacturers
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book, the TACT Training Edition is required during the exam.
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Please print the TACT training edition. This print-out will only be allowed in the exam if there are no remarks or additional prints included in the print-out.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: