Did you know that in the past 5 years, 461 participants from 68 countries have taken this course with IATA?
160-200 hour partner-taught or self-study course
Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide advanced knowledge on how to make markets respond, ensuring companies profit as well as how to differentiate with service innovations. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development and add value to future cargo marketing initiatives.
Course Code: TCGP-12
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 160-200 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Demonstrate profound knowledge of Cargo Trade and Trade Patterns
- Deliver innovative and value added services to clients and markets
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting adverting media channels
- Prepare and execute an effective Marketing Plan to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Summarize the position and function of pricing within cargo service management, ideally matching supply and demand
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Background knowledge of trade and trade patterns as they relate to cargo marketing
- Pricing and pricing strategies to influence purchase behavior, make market respond and ensure making profit
- Assessing business costs and examine total distribution costs
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
- Design and execute an effective Marketing Plan
- Assess and define Target Groups
- Value adding Innovation Service Concepts
This training is the natural continuity of the Cargo Introductory course
This course is recommended for:
- Sales and marketing staff at cargo agents and air freight forwarders (consolidators)
- Sales, reservations, and acceptance staff at airlines and manufacturers
- Junior and middle management staff at cargo agents, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Individuals willing to enhance and refresh their marketing knowledge & skills or are new to their marketing role & responsibility
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the information about Online Exams with Remote Supervision (OERS), and check the Course Edition List for Exams (pdf) when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision (OERS)
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2