Air Cargo Advanced Marketing
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 461 participants from 68 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Since 1977, IATA has developed cargo agent training with the help of experts from member airlines and associations. This course uses our expertise to provide advanced knowledge on how to make markets respond, ensuring companies profit as well as how to differentiate with service innovations. This course is the ideal way for you to refresh your knowledge and learn new skills for career development and add value to future cargo marketing initiatives.
Course Code: TCGP-12
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 160-200 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 235 (eBook) / USD 235 (printed)
USD 260 (eBook) / USD 260 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Demonstrate profound knowledge of Cargo Trade and Trade Patterns
- Deliver innovative and value added services to clients and markets
- Determine an advertising budget and plan, selecting adverting media channels
- Prepare and execute an effective Marketing Plan to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Summarize the position and function of pricing within cargo service management, ideally matching supply and demand
- Background knowledge of trade and trade patterns as they relate to cargo marketing
- Pricing and pricing strategies to influence purchase behavior, make market respond and ensure making profit
- Assessing business costs and examine total distribution costs
- Applying traditional and digital advertising techniques with an airfreight industry focus
- Design and execute an effective Marketing Plan
- Assess and define Target Groups
- Value adding Innovation Service Concepts
This training is the natural continuity of the Cargo Introductory course
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Sales and marketing staff at cargo agents and air freight forwarders (consolidators)
- Sales, reservations, and acceptance staff at airlines and manufacturers
- Junior and middle management staff at cargo agents, airlines, and freight forwarders
- Individuals willing to enhance and refresh their marketing knowledge & skills or are new to their marketing role & responsibilit
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: