Air Cargo Rules and Rates (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
2-day (16 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Are you interested in understanding the basic principles of air cargo rating? Do you want to know how to find the appropriate information using TACT? Do you need to know how to correctly complete an Air Waybill? This two day course delivered by an air cargo industry expert will quickly get you up and running. You will acquire basic understanding of the structure of the different TACT publications, the main principles of air cargo rules and rates, the application of them in the calculation of charges and their representation on the Air Waybill. At the end of the course you will have a better insight on the world of air cargo charges.
Course Code: TCGG-55-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- A basic knowledge of the air cargo process is recommended.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of cargo rating
- Be able to use the TACT Publications (Rules and Rates)
- Apply the information found in TACT to real life air cargo shipments
- Complete an AWB as per TACT/IATA Regulations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Air Country Information
- Geography and codes/abbreviations
- Transportation Charges
- Services and Related Charges
- The Air Waybill
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- New New entrants to the air cargo industry
- Operations /Finance / Controlling staff
- Junior agents, counter clerks, interns
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.