Cargo Security Awareness
Build necessary awareness regarding air cargo security and understand applicable regulations, latest concepts and basic principles of security in cargo environment. This training may be used as a foundation for personnel who have to execute cargo security functions.
Course code: TCGP-79
This course is available in e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center
to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 160-200 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
If you are ordering printed materials that will require shipping, please check the shipping fees and applicable taxes.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 275 (eBook)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Understand your role in cargo security chain
Identify possible targets in cargo area
Implement and enforce security in your working environment
Gain knowledge of the importance of human factors in achieving security
Understand the real benefit to you and to prospective employers
Threats to aviation and introduction to cargo security;
Importance of implementation of security measures;
Catering and mail security;
Recognition and management of treats;
Human factors in Cargo security.
Who should attend
All personnel involved in air cargo transport chain
Staff working in companies under regulated agent regime
Freight forwarders personnel operating in the field of air transport
Those required to undergo an Security Awareness course before obtaining an airport access ID
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Close text Book
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 36 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 54 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: