Did you know that in the past 5 years, 66 participants from 11 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
This course is designed for participants engaged in Warehouse Operations including ULD handling, ULD Airworthiness control and ULD Build-up either at an elementary or supervisory level. During the course, you will have a chance to observe practical work in the warehouse and link it together with classroom theory.
Course code: TCGP-64
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Know and execute IATA and regulatory compliances in the warehouse
- Confidently control, handle, store and determine ULD airworthiness and weight limits
- Summarize the ULD certification process
- Identify the different ULD types and loadability
- Know how to plan and restrain cargo when distributing load in/on a ULD for an aircraft
- Identify the different loading procedures for non-standard cargo
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Warehouse processes and safety
- The functions and certification requirements of ULDs
- Handling, storage, airworthiness and loadability of ULDs
- Planning of ULDs in maximum size/contour and weight for different aircraft types according to the ULDR/AHM
- The build-up of ULDs for aircraft and cargo restraint according to the ULDR/AHM
- Observing on the job ULD build-up in practice
- Loading of non-standard cargo such as AVI, PER and dangerous goods and restraint of “Special Cargo”
- Group work and exercises
- Observing on-the-job tasks in the warehouse
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse staff engaged in ULD build up tasks
- Staff engaged in warehouse supervision
- Staff involved in the load planning of aircraft and RFS services
- ULD control management staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please note that this Certificate is only valid for 24 months