Cargo Warehouse Operations and ULD Build-up (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 65 participants from 12 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
This course is designed for participants engaged in Warehouse Operations including ULD handling, ULD Airworthiness control and ULD Build-up either at an elementary or supervisory level. During the course, you will have a chance to observe practical work in the warehouse and link it together with classroom theory.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGP-64
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Germany, Frankfurt (FRA-RTP)
4 - 7 October, 2022
Register before 13 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 13 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148085
This class is offered in cooperation with FRAPORT.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Know and execute IATA and regulatory compliances in the warehouse
- Confidently control, handle, store and determine ULD airworthiness and weight limits
- Summarize the ULD certification process
- Identify the different ULD types and loadability
- Know how to plan and restrain cargo when distributing load in/on a ULD for an aircraft
- Identify the different loading procedures for non-standard cargo
- Warehouse processes and safety
- The functions and certification requirements of ULDs
- Handling, storage, airworthiness and loadability of ULDs
- Planning of ULDs in maximum size/contour and weight for different aircraft types according to the ULDR/AHM
- The build-up of ULDs for aircraft and cargo restraint according to the ULDR/AHM
- Observing on the job ULD build-up in practice
- Loading of non-standard cargo such as AVI, PER and dangerous goods and restraint of “Special Cargo”
- Group work and exercises
- Observing on-the-job tasks in the warehouse
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Warehouse staff engaged in ULD build up tasks
- Staff engaged in warehouse supervision
- Staff involved in the load planning of aircraft and RFS services
- ULD control management staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please note that this Certificate is only valid for 24 months
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Dangerous Goods Operations Diploma
Learn the regulatory requirements to handle the air transport of dangerous goods.
Pharmaceutical Handling Diploma
Preparing you with the regulatory and operational foundations you need to start handling temperature-controlled shipments and show you how to build specialized pharmaceutical services into your daily operations.