Regulatory and Operational Management of the CAA – Part 1 (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 199 participants from 38 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (30 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
The civil aviation system is an inherently multidisciplinary field where regulatory, technical and organizational knowledge skills are needed to face both normal operation and developmental programs. This comprehensive, practical course covers all the main areas of responsibility for Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) and will provide you with the regulatory background and world’s best practices for managing the regulatory and operational aspects of CAAs responsibilities. You will also learn and apply key soft skills that allows managers to efficiently plan and implement the main processes of the air transport system in any organization.
Course code: TCVG-45-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 30 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 240 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Pre-reading assignments are required for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the complex system of international civil aviation
- Summarize and apply the regulatory framework that governs CAA activity
- Categorize strategies employed by CAAs to define and implement an efficient Aviation Policy
- Discuss the need for planning national/regional civil aviation policies and utilize a proven methodology to enhance the implementation plan
- Acquire new senior management skills to work more effectively and in line with international quality standards
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- International Regulatory Framework
- Managing the CAA under Quality Standards
- Planning Civil Aviation
- Performance-based management
- CAPEX evaluation
- Soft skills: Leadership, change management, team work, budgeting, stress management, organizational culture
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Senior and middle aviation professionals and managers from Civil Aviation Authorities
- Individuals aspiring to management responsibilities in CAAs
- Individuals from airlines, aerodrome operators, ANSP and other service providers that regularly deal with CAA as regulator
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Civil Aviation Management Diploma
Strengthen your management skills and strategies to use in your civil aviation authority.