Did you know that in the past 5 years, 177 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
The civil aviation system is an inherently multidisciplinary field where regulatory, technical and organizational knowledge skills are needed to face both normal operation and developmental programs. This comprehensive, practical course covers all the main areas of responsibility for Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs) and will provide you with the regulatory background and world’s best practices for managing the regulatory and operational aspects of CAAs responsibilities. You will also learn and apply key soft skills that allows managers to efficiently plan and implement the main processes of the air transport system in any organization.
Course code: TCVG-45
- Pre-reading assignments are required for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the complex system of international civil aviation
- Summarize and apply the regulatory framework that governs CAA activity
- Categorize strategies employed by CAAs to define and implement an efficient Aviation Policy
- Discuss the need for planning national/regional civil aviation policies and utilize a proven methodology to enhance the implementation plan
- Acquire new senior management skills to work more effectively and in line with international quality standards
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- International Regulatory Framework
- Managing the CAA under Quality Standards
- Planning Civil Aviation
- Performance-based management
- CAPEX evaluation
- Soft skills: Leadership, change management, team work, budgeting, stress management, organizational culture
- Pre-reading assignment
- Team project
- Critical thinking
- Management exercises and case studies
- Individual assessment
This course is recommended for:
- Senior and middle aviation professionals and managers from Civil Aviation Authorities
- Individuals aspiring to management responsibilities in CAAs
- Individuals from airlines, aerodrome operators, ANSP and other service providers that regularly deal with CAA as regulator
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.