Consumer Protection in Air Transport (Classroom, 3 days)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 123 participants from 22 countries have taken this course with IATA?
EU air passenger protection rules can prove costly for airlines that are not familiar with the claim process, court case precedents, and other caveats. This course provides a clear overview and interpretation of the EU Regulation 261/2004 that will improve how you handle passenger claims when applicable. You will also gain insight into other EU air passenger protection rules for fare transparency, passengers with reduced mobility, as well as similar rules in other regions.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALM-02
- This classroom course provides 3 days (18 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- IATA will filter the registrations to accept or reject candidates for this course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
17 - 19 August, 2022
Register before 17 May, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 27 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 148661
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
United Kingdom, London (IATA)
16 - 18 November, 2022
Register before 16 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 26 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 148481
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the nuts and bolts of air passenger protection regulations and apply them to your day-to-day operations
- Learn how to handle passenger claims, including delays and more
- Practice your skills through a "moot court" session based on a passenger right case
- Current EU air passenger rights legislation and case law
- Proposed revision of EU air passenger rights legislation
- EU legislation on passengers with reduced mobility
- Non-EU passenger protection regulations
- Pricing, advertising regulations, and other passenger protection provisions
- Liability for passenger injury, baggage and delay under the Montreal and Warsaw Convention
- Revised package travel directive
- Handling passenger claims
- Procedural law aspects
- Case studies
- "Moot court" sessions based on a case
Who should attend
This course is only available for:
- Airline staff working in legal, station management, customer care, strategy and others
- Civil aviation authority and government officials
- Airport staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
, Turkish Airlines
I really enjoyed every minute of the course and I'm sure I will be able to use all the material which was given to us. Despite my knowledge about Consumer Protection, I had the opportunity to summarize and compare other points of view.