Airline Customer Service: Strategy Design and Implementation (Classroom, 3 days)
Learn how to exceed your customer’s expectations!
Understand the concepts and processes required to design and implement a successful customer service strategy at an airline. Improve the way your employees handle customer interactions and emergency situations, and learn how to develop a customer service culture in your team. With the help of industry case studies and hands-on exercises, build your own strategy proposal during the course.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALM-08
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Design a customer service strategy and implementation plan to deliver consistently superior service across different customer touchpoints
- Identify current trends, issues and opportunities related to the design and implementation of an effective customer service strategy
- Recount the role of the customer service strategy and proposition within an airline’s vision, mission and brand positioning statements
- State of the airline industry and key performance indicators
- Airline business models and strategies
- Brand and customer service value propositions
- Airline customer service touchpoint, benchmark and best practices analysis and development
- Airline customer service training content design and implementation
- Processes and activities during irregular operations and contingency planning
- Case studies
- In-class presentation
Who should attend
- Frontline supervisory staff
- Airline managers
- Customer service managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: