Data Science for Decision Making in Aviation (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Today, aviation companies are recognizing the importance of data to drive efficiency, cost savings and productivity. In this climate, does your organization have sufficient data literacy to support decision making? Are your finance and other teams well versed with different analytics tools and techniques to generate valuable insights? This course takes you through the process of using data analytics to identify your business priority, determining the correct analytical tools to address the priority, using visual analytical tools to arrive at optimum decisions, and finally, building easy-to-understand reports to present the data and gain support for the decisions. Equipped with hands-on exercises, you will practice dashboarding, visualization techniques and report generation.
Course code: TALF-93-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have at least 3 years of work experience in the aviation industry or 2 years in handling large number of data to provide business decisions.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Effectively assess and prioritize business questions using a decision framework
- Evaluate the potential of current market-leading data analytics tools to aid your business
- Translate business questions into visual analytics solutions
- Add flexibility to make reporting dynamic for addressing the evolving business priorities
- Extract value from your data using analytical techniques
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Step-by-step process of visual analytics and reporting
- Time series forecasting and machine learning
- Hands on activities:
- To create data dashboards
- To generate reports using visual analytics
- To generate financial reports using business intelligence tool
Who should attend
This course is recommended for aviation professionals:
- Finance, Revenue Management, Sales
- IT service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.