Dangerous Goods Management and Regulatory Updates (Classroom, 2 days)
As a manager involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air, this course will give you a high-level overview of the management of dangerous goods (DG) for cargo and passengers. Our aim is to equip you with a greater level of knowledge of dangerous goods to help you in your management decision making processes. You will examine the regulatory framework principles, review the classification of hazardous materials and assess the associated safety risks related to the transportation of dangerous goods by air. Over 2 days of instruction, mini-workshops and group discussions you will develop a greater understanding of the operational environment related to the transportation of dangerous goods by air. This will include the cargo supply chain and regulatory requirements providing you with a better understanding of the risks and consequences of safety issues that can have a direct impact on your operations and organization strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGP-74
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the regulatory framework of dangerous goods transport principles
- Recognize the risks related to hazardous materials
- Apply lessons learned in your decision making process
- Understand the latest changes and updates in regulation
- Safety risks and hazardous materials
- Dangerous goods regulatory framework
- Classifications of hazardous materials
- The structure of the logistical supply chain
- Overview on shipment processes and requirements
- Dangerous goods in the operational environment
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Human factors and training requirements
- Regulatory updates highlights
- Group discussions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Supervisory cargo operation managers
- Managers and executives from airlines, airport and ground service providers
- Functional managers recently, or soon to be transitioned into an operation leadership position
- Training managers, Instructors, Compliance officers, Inspectors
An IATA Certificate of Attendance is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the course.