Tour Production Diploma (self-study)
About the diploma
4 self-study courses to be completed in 1 year
Are you interested in working for large travel agencies, tour management or tour production companies? Or do you want to advance your career as a tour planner or a tour manager? Then IATA’s Tour Production diploma is the right pathway to your goal. This diploma comprises 4 courses, and is designed to provide an overview of the travel industry and then sharpen specific skills in the area of tour production, such as, advising your clients on the best tour options, creating customized tour packages for niche customers, recommending group and luxury travel options and advising on modes of transportation, accommodation and tours. The courses selected are designed to progressively build up the essential skills and accelerate the development of advanced skills. Thus, the learning path provides the fastest and most effective route to your dream career.
Course code: DIPL-129
Did you know that this diploma is the first in a series of three Travel and Tourism diplomas
? Take a look at the other two diplomas in the series:
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Identify and consult on popular international travel
and tourism destinations
- Negotiate effectively and generate good deals for customers
- Create inclusive-tour production for special-interest groups
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Provide excellent customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset and propose creative solutions and services
The key topics that are covered in this diploma include:
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products
- Air transport products and services
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Sales techniques
- Managerial and negotiation skills
- E-commerce in the travel industry
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
Who should attend
- Travel advisors
- Reservations and customer support personnel
- Tour operators
- Agency back-office personnel
Purchase the full diploma package
- Travel Industry Essentials
- Travel Products and Services
- Tour Production Fundamentals
- Tour Production Advanced
When you click the Buy Now button, you will be directed to login to your Training Account. Please have your login details ready.
Once payment has been received in full, you will be able to find your courses in your IATA Training account.
How to obtain your diploma
A passing mark is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
- Complete all 4 courses that make up the Diploma, within 1 year.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.