Travel Operations Diploma (self-study)
About the diploma
4 self-study courses to be completed in 1 year
Are you interested in working for large travel agencies, at airline reservation centers, as a ticketing agent or managing customer accounts? Or do you want to advance your career in these travel functions? Then IATA’s Travel Operations diploma is the right pathway to your goal. This diploma comprises 4 courses, is designed to provide an overview of the travel industry and then sharpen specific skills in the area of travel operations, such as, interpreting fares, providing best fare quotes to customers, advising on travel formalities, using a Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations, effectively using e-commerce principles to increase your customer base and retain customer loyalty. The courses selected are designed to progressively build up the essential skills and accelerate the development of advanced skills. Thus, the learning path provides the fastest and most effective route to your dream career.
Did you know that this diploma is the second in a series of three Travel and Tourism diplomas
? Take a look at the other two diplomas in the series:
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Negotiate effectively and generate good deals for customers
- Identify and consult on popular international travel
and tourism destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Advise on statutory requirements for travel destinations
- Develop detailed knowledge of geography, destinations, IATA airport and city codes
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset and propose creative solutions and services
The key topics that are covered in this diploma include:
- Airfare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Sales techniques
- Managerial and negotiation skills
- Marketing and pricing
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
Who should attend
- Travel advisors
- Reservations and sales personnel
- Agency administration
- Airline reservation/call center agents
- Agency back-office personnel
Purchase the full diploma package
- Travel Industry Essentials
- Travel Itinerary and Technology Amadeus
- Travel Operations Fundamental
- Travel Operations Management
When you click the Buy Now button, you will be directed to login to your Training Account. Please have your login details ready.
Once payment has been received in full, you will be able to find your courses in your IATA Training account.
How to obtain your diploma
A passing mark is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
- Complete all 4 courses that make up the Diploma, within 1 year.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.