Airport Emergency Response Awareness - eLearning
Airports have an obligation to coordinate multi-agency activities in emergency or crisis situations. Internal communication is essential for aligned and proper care and assistance to affected persons. All members of staff are exposed to emergency situations and may have a role in the coordinated response. Experience has shown that shock and confusion are one of the inefficacies discovered after such incidents. All the employees may have a role in case of emergency even it if is not a part of the initial plan. This e-learning course makes you as a member of the “airport community” understand the main components of an Emergency Response and illustrates how its challenges can be coped with.
Course Code: TALP-56
- This e-learning course requires approximately 2 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order.
Reduced prices are available for multiple purchases of this course. Please Contact us for more information
Course fee by user
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Describe responsibilities, roles and functions of organizations involved in responding to emergencies or crises
- Describe the basic Humanitarian Response facilities provided at airports
- Recognize fundamental needs and requirements of directly affected persons and demonstrate empathetic communications
- Act as trustable member of the “airport community” in the initial hours following an occurrence
- Explain the most common used definitions, abbreviations and terminology
- Differentiate between “response”, “recovery” and “Business Continuity”
- Emergency and Crisis Management Fundamentals
- Types and phases of emergencies
- Responsibilities, roles and tasks
- Immediate Accident Response
- Recovery and Business Continuity
- Humanitarian Response
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All Airport Operators’ personnel
- Airline Station Staff
- All Ground Service Providers’ personnel
- Agencies such as Rescue and Fire Fighting,
- Police, Security, Medical Services
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 30
- Time Allowance: 1.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2