Did you know that in the past 5 years, 68 participants from 7 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Your business is only as good as the integrity of your employees. Pre-employment background checks are the first, and possibly most important step in making sure your employees do not risk damaging the integrity of your business. The risk of insider threats is nothing new, but easy access to new technologies and tools brings new challenges to insider threat mitigation. Based on recommendations from the ICAO Universal Security Audit Program and the IATA Security Manual, this course helps you develop an employee background vetting program that fits the context of your company giving you an insight into regulatory requirements, potential legal implications for your HR and security practices, and practical vetting techniques. A full-day implementation workshop guides you through the selection and implementation of proven vetting procedures, while also letting you practice a range of candidate evaluation techniques.
Course code: TSCS-60
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Choose the right approach and vetting procedures for your company
- Examine the weaknesses in your vetting program
- Assess systemic problems in your processes
- Determine the resources, tools and techniques needed to strengthen your background vetting program and support insider threat detection
- Utilize insider threat mitigation and vetting techniques
- Adopt a risk management approach to selecting your workforce and allocating resources
- Integrate online reputation evaluation into your insider threat strategy and vetting procedures
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Setting up a program
- How to take advantage of available data and data sources for your background vetting program
- Risk management for your workforce
- Allocating resources to create a professional recruitment and vetting program
- Vetting techniques
- Voice stress analysis, psychometric testing, and other technical aids for evaluating a candidate
- Negative and positive vetting techniques
- Using online reputation evaluation for vetting
- Practice exercises and evaluation of your vetting and interview techniques
- Examination of your employee background vetting roles and responsibilities within your organization
This course is recommended for:
- Security and human resources management at airlines and airports
- Corporate security management
- Government and regulator staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.