Environmental Management System - Advanced (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This course builds on the IATA Environmental Management Systems course and provides you with a more in-depth analysis of environmental management systems and with the tools to conduct your own internal auditing. In this advanced course, you will learn how to develop risk mitigation plans and design compliance strategies. With guidance from IATA experts on environmental management systems, you will work on various case studies and will have to create your own environmental management plans ensuring they are compliant and meet the reporting requirements.
Course code: TALL-41-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have 3-5 years of working experience in environmental sustainability and have completed the IATA Environmental Management Systems course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Develop risk mitigation plans
- Create impact management plans
- Design compliance strategies
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) requirements and ISO14001:2015 in an aviation context
- Internal auditing planning
- Management plan
- Risk mitigation plans
- Compliance strategies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental and sustainability managers
- Staff working on environmental projects
- Internal environmental auditors
- Regulatory Authorities
- Government and Policymakers
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) Focal Points
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: