Environmental Management Systems (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
1-day (8 hours) classroom course
Become a specialist in designing and implementing Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for airlines, ground handlers, airline caterers and airline Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Organizations (MROs). In this course you will learn the value and benefit for organizations with good environmental management. During the course, you will learn how to design and develop an aviation-specific management system that drives environmental performance and keeps track of compliance obligations in all kinds of aviation organizations and airline business models.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-94
- This classroom course provides 1 day (8 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Design Environmental Policy
- Develop an effective EMS scope
- Identify existing environmental initiatives and integration into an EMS
- Develop robust plans to address the most significant environmental aspects facing the aviation industry today
- Conduct internal environmental audits and compliance reviews
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) requirements and ISO14001:2015 in an aviation context
- EMS process design that suits specific aviation organizations, aviation-specific business models, corporate structures and size of operations
- The key criteria of an effective EMS
- The value and benefit of operating an effective EMS
- Fully interactive case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental managers
- Staff working with any environmental aspects
- Internal environmental auditors
- Regulatory Authorities
- Government and Policymakers
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) Focal Points
An IATA Certificate of Completion for “IEnvA Internal Assessor” and “Environmental Management in Aviation” is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Environmental Sustainability Practitioner Diploma
You will learn through a hands-on course how to design a sustainability strategy, explore more about environmental management systems and gain a good understanding of how carbon markets work, all of which are key elements in reducing a company’s environmental impact.