Did you know that in the past 5 years, 73 participants from 16 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (8 hours) classroom course
Become a specialist in designing and implementing Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for airlines, ground handlers, airline caterers and airline Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Organizations (MROs). In this course you will learn the value and benefit for organizations with good environmental management. During the course, you will learn how to design and develop an aviation-specific management system that drives environmental performance and keeps track of compliance obligations in all kinds of aviation organizations and airline business models.
Course code: TALG-94
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Design Environmental Policy
- Develop an effective EMS scope
- Identify existing environmental initiatives and integration into an EMS
- Develop robust plans to address the most significant environmental aspects facing the aviation industry today
- Conduct internal environmental audits and compliance reviews
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) requirements and ISO14001:2015 in an aviation context
- EMS process design that suits specific aviation organizations, aviation-specific business models, corporate structures and size of operations
- The key criteria of an effective EMS
- The value and benefit of operating an effective EMS
- Fully interactive case studies
This course is recommended for:
- Environmental managers
- Staff working with any environmental aspects
- Internal environmental auditors
- Regulatory Authorities
- Government and Policymakers
- IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) Focal Points
An IATA Certificate of Completion for “IEnvA Internal Assessor” and “Environmental Management in Aviation” is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.