Did you know that in the past 3 years, 44 participants from 9 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (9 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Effective compliance programs are crucial to any company. Antitrust laws are serious and we treat them as such. This training will enable you to provide guidance regarding setting up internal compliance programs for your company. You will gain a comprehensive overview and comparison of EU, US and other global competition and antitrust rules with a strong focus on relevant case laws. The course will walk you through the global competition rules and provide the tools to manage the abuse of a dominant position. You will know how to act in certain situations and what you should be careful of during your meetings.
Course code: TALL-13-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have at least 2–3 years of experience in their field of expertize.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Compare and apply global competition and antitrust rules relevant to aviation
- Analyze and comprehend relevant case law of courts in the US, EU and other jurisdictions
- Provide guidance for the creation of internal compliance programs
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- EU Competition Law
- US Antitrust Law
- Global competition rules
- Price-fixing and other agreements in restraint of trade, e.g., the cargo surcharge cases
- Competition / antitrust rules for mergers, codeshare and interlining, alliances and joint ventures
- Abuse of a dominant position
- Competition authorities and enforcement
- Compliance programs
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation lawyers
- Compliance officers
- Commercial managers and executives with responsibility for relations with other airlines (including alliances and codeshares) and international organizations
- Government officials and representatives of international organizations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.