Fuel Efficiency and Conservation (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 112 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (16 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Each 1% improvement in fuel efficiency across the industry can lower fuel costs by $2 billion per year out of a total of $208 billion for the IATA airlines alone. Want to save 3% to 5% on your fuel bill? Perform a fuel efficiency audit of your own organization and undertake a structured implementation and cultural change program.
Course code: TALF-42-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
Increase fuel efficiency while improving safety
Improve On-Time performance while decreasing operational costs
Optimize the use of cost index capabilities of your operation
Perform a "Fuel Efficiency" audit of your own organization
Develop an fuel improvement implementation and cultural change program
Develop Fuel Efficiency Program Evaluation tools
Develop a basic Fuel Management (MI) system to track all aspects of fuel consumption
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Efficient fuel management and operational costs
Tracking fuel: Fuel Management Information System
Developing your fuel cost calculator and track improvement of each initiative
The role of the Dispatcher in fuel conservation
Minimizing operational costs using dynamic cost index optimization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Flight operations managers
Operations control personnel
Ground Operations managers
Air traffic controllers and ATM management
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.