Did you know that in the past 5 years, 28 participants from 11 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s course on Managing Green Airports will provide a comprehensive overview of airport environmental
matters, including climate change, noise management, local air quality, waste and water management, wildlife
management, as well as environmental management systems, community engagement and decision making.
You will have the opportunity to review case studies and best practices, solve real problems and exercises, and
discuss effective approaches to environmental management with experts. You will be in the position to
understand the environmental implications of airport operations, relate them to airline operations, and
formulate effective solutions.
Course Code: TCVG-80-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 3 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Characterize and assess the environmental impact
- Identify the causes and implications of
environmental risks and challenges
- Explain the common areas of cooperation between
an airport and an airline
- Formulate and implement effective environmental
policies and solutions at airports
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Environmental management
- Noise management
- Climate change
- Local air quality
- Waste and water management
- Wildlife management
- Community engagement
- Implementation strategy
- Interactive sessions
- Self-study material
- Exercises and case studies
- Multiple-choice exam
This course is recommended for:
Airport environmental, operational and
- Airport Sustainability managers
- Airline environmental officers
- Civil aviation and regulatory authorities
- Environmental policy makers
- Ground handling managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.