70-hour partner-taught or self-study course
Interpreting fare rules and e-ticket data elements is key to satisfying and retaining customers. With the abundance and complexity of today’s fare options, travel customers expect you to provide a service that is accurate, quick and affordable. This course teaches the language of fare construction and fare rules so you provide your customers with the best advice and the lowest fare for their air itinerary. You will develop new skills through practical exercises and with the support of reference materials to become the travel professional your customers trust.
Course code: TTTG-14
- This is a self-study course, which will take you approximately 70 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book format.
- You will have 6 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course. After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Price air journeys and interpret fare rules
- Implement essential principles to price journeys as a single pricing unit
- Categorize pricing units such as one way, round, circle and open jaw tips
- Price journeys in Neutral Units of Construction (NUC), convert to local currency using the IATA Rates of Exchange (IROE) and apply currency rounding rules
- Follow the complete formula for calculating pricing units for a wide variety of trip types with multiple fare components, including carrier fares
- Source Q surcharges and Taxes/Fees/Charges (TFCs), analyze provisions, and apply the correct currency conversions and rounding processes
- Describe mileage air fares, distinguish between IATA and non-IATA fares
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Terms related to IATA geography and global indicators, Pricing Units, fare construction and currency
- Fare selection criteria
- One way, round trip and circle trip fare construction
- Single segment Q surcharge
- Taxes, fees and charges
- Electronic tickets
- Payments types
- Special fares
- Electronic documents
- Consolidator and net fares
- Billing and settlement plans
- In-depth study checks
This course is recommended for:
- Reservation and airline call center sales agents
- Airline ticket counter agents and rates desk specialists
- Travel agency consultants
- Global Distribution System technologists
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 3 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.