90-hour partner-taught or self-study course
This course is for the travel professional with basic knowledge and skills in air journey pricing and ticketing who wants to be recognized as the company or office expert. You will gain confidence in pricing more complex journeys that apply exceptions to standard pricing principles. A key additional benefit are study units on ticket exchanges and reissues resulting in a refund or an additional collection for the new ticket price or a penalty fee collection.
Course Code: TTTG-15
- This is a self-study course, which will take you approximately 90 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book format.
- You will have 6 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course. After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
The recommended level for this course is Advanced.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Spot potential under or over-collections caused by incorrect ticketing or faulty application of IATA pricing rules and procedures
- Develop better problem solving and analytical skills when reading government and IATA regulations
- Discover and offer the most affordable fares
- Attract and retain customers based upon expertise
- Master complex ticketing entries and fare rule interpretations to provide better service to your customers
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Review of fare selection
- Currency conversion and rounding
- One way fare construction
- Round and circle trip fare construction
- Exceptions to minimum checks
- Normal fare open jaw pricing
- Pricing unit versus fare component
- Lowest combination principle
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Introductions to ticket alterations
- Reservation change
- Exchange transactions
- IATA course manual and workbook to download
- Online database of fares and rules
- IATA Fare Formula Reference checklist
This course is recommended for:
Travel agency employees and managers
- Travel agency owners
- GDS technologists
- Airline ticketing agents and managers
- Air fares and ticketing specialists
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 3 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.