One ID - Towards Contactless Passenger Processing (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
To address the aviation industry’s changing demands and the lessons arising from Covid-19, One ID now prioritizes two key deliverables: ensuring flexibility in data flow between passengers, airlines, and governments in the face of growing information requests to minimize loss from government fines; and delivering a touchless/ contactless passenger processing to raise passenger confidence in air travel to relaunch the aviation industry.
Through this awareness workshop, you will learn how to design the transition from the current to the future One ID passenger processing. By implementing One ID’s end-to-end touchless, biometric passenger process, greater levels of security, flexibility in data flow, seamlessness and efficiency can be achieved. The concept relies on early validation of the passengers’ identity, and the controlled access to this information by the various public and private stakeholders only on an authorized-to-know basis. The workshop you will grasp the One ID concept through participatory learning: requiring you to draw upon your professional knowledge and insight from your different roles/functions to examine how One ID can be integrated to address your operational needs.
Course Code: TALG-96-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
6 - 8 July, 2021
Register before 07 Apr, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 22 Jun
All prices are before tax. Class no: 136698
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
5 - 7 October, 2021
Register before 07 Jul, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 21 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 136699
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Articulate the One ID vision and identify how the various stakeholders are involved
- Develop a high-level plan to map the various dimensions and steps towards the future One ID passenger process
- Review your own passenger process and analyze how One ID processes would fit
- Explain benefits/gains of One ID
- Assess necessary supporting technologies
- Assess privacy considerations for implementation
- The passenger process today
- Future Passenger process (One ID end vision)
- Trusted Digital Identity
- Identity Management Platform and key actors
- Operational framework
- Biometric recognition
- Privacy by Design and by Default principles
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation employees (airline, airport, etc.)
- Customer experience, innovation and technology managers (airlines, airports)
- Border control in air travel/ airport environment
- Screening authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.