One ID – Towards Contactless Passenger Processing (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
With passenger traffic projected to double by 2037, One ID seeks to leverage biometric technology and introduce a collaborative identity management solution that spans all passenger process steps and stakeholders in the end-to-end journey, from booking to arrival at destination and back; putting the passenger at the center. By implementing One ID’s end-to-end biometric passenger process, greater levels of security, seamlessness and efficiency can be achieved.
This workshop delivers theoretical and practical knowledge on how to plan for a One ID-aligned passenger journey, for stakeholders who are embarking on One ID initiatives. You to grasp the One ID concept through participatory learning: requiring you to draw upon your professional knowledge and insight from your different roles/functions to examine how One ID can be integrated to address your operational needs. Through this workshop, you will learn how to design the transition from the current to the future One ID passenger processing.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALG-96
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
11 - 13 August, 2021
Register before 13 May, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 21 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132994
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
France, Paris (IATA)
24 - 26 November, 2021
Register before 26 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 03 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132069
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Articulate the One ID vision and identify how the various stakeholders are involved
- Review your own passenger process and evaluate how One ID-aligned processes fit
- Develop a high-level plan to map future “to-be” process
- Explain benefits / gains, assess privacy considerations for implementation
- Assess necessary supporting technologies
- The passenger process today
- Future Passenger process (One ID end vision)
- Biometric recognition
- Operational framework
- Privacy by Design and by Default principles
- Trusted Digital Identity
- Identity Management Platform and key actors
- Presentations and discussions
- Case studies
- Exercises (review their current process and the future one / identification of challenges, etc.)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Customer experience, innovation and technology managers (airlines, airports)
- Border control in air travel or airport environment
- Screening authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.