Re-imagining Passenger Experience Through Design Thinking (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
With the growth of air transport, the industry faces challenges and opportunities to meet its customers’ expectations. Many companies who seek to innovate and cater to their customers’ expectations have started adopting a "design thinking" approach to problems and challenges. Design thinking is a human-centric, interdisciplinary approach to innovation.
This workshop will introduce you to the design thinking process and show you how to apply "human-centered design" techniques, in combination with analytical research of customers. You will understand the needs and pain points of your passenger’s experience, which will guide you in crafting solutions that will address these gaps. From defining goals, researching customer behaviors and preferences, ideating and documenting customer personas and their journeys, you will learn to prototype innovative solutions and develop strategies to implement monitor, and continuously improve them.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-91
- This workshop provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisite for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
30 - 31 December, 2020
Register before 01 Oct, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 09 Dec
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110487
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the value of the design thinking process as a means to problem-solving
- Describe your customers’ behavior, expectations, needs and wants in a holistic and empathic way
- Develop solutions for your customers that demonstrate critical and creative thinking
- Operationalize and apply the design thinking process in the context of your organization
- Design methodologies
- Holistic view of your customers’ expectations, needs and wants
- Ideation – new brainstorming techniques
- Iterative design thinking process
- Identifying focus areas based on the data
- Reading materials
- Group exercises and presentations
- Prototyping / Projects
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Strategic, management-level staff at airlines or airports
- Innovation specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: