Passenger Experience Service Design Fundamentals (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This interactive workshop will introduce you to the design thinking process and show you how to apply "human-centered design" techniques in combination with analytical research of customers. You will understand the needs and pain points of your passenger’s experience in the context of the crisis, which will guide you in crafting innovative solutions to re-ignite passenger confidence in air travel. From defining goals, researching customer behaviors and preferences, ideating and documenting customer personas and their journeys, youwill learn to prototype innovative solutions and develop strategies to implement monitor and continuously improve them.
Course code: TALG-91-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
5 - 7 August, 2020
Register before 15 Jul, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 22 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128737
2 additional classes are scheduled
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
8 - 10 September, 2020
Register before 18 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 25 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128738
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
13 - 15 October, 2020
Register before 15 Jul, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 29 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128739
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Explain the value of the design thinking process as a means to problem-solving
- Describe your customers’ behavior, expectations, needs and wants in a holistic and empathic way
- Develop solutions for your customers that demonstrate critical and creative thinking
- Operationalize and apply design thinking process in the context of your organization
- Introduction to the principles of design thinking and human-centered design techniques
- Design methodologies
- Holistic view of your customers’ expectations, needs and wants
- Ideation – new brainstorming techniques
- Iterative design thinking process
- Identifying focus areas based on the data
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Strategic, management-level staff at airlines or airports
- Innovators specialists
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: