Did you know that in the past 3 years, 93 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Travellers can demand complex itineraries with the lowest fares, and a travel professional should be able to price and quote journeys with single or multiple pricing units. However, the lowest combination of fares can lead to more penalties for cancellation and date changes. Learn how to quote pricing of complex itineraries with surface sectors and how to determine different types of combinations: single versus multiple pricing units with possible end-on constructions and side trips.
Course code: TALF-24
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Master steps and checks in normal fare construction of a single pricing unit as well as for two or more consecutive or contiguous pricing units
- Apply the latest IATA resolutions on different journeys and mileage exceptions
- Calculate fares for journeys with surface sectors
- Assess the impact of indirect travel limitations on fare construction and imbedded surface sectors
- Apply the latest exchange/reissue and netting procedures
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Special mileage provisions and exceptions
- Journeys with surface sectors
- Surface sector minimum checks
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Journeys with multiple pricing units
- Voluntary and involuntary refunds
This course is recommended for:
Experienced ticketing and reservations agents
Line managers and sales supervisors
Rate/help desk specialists and interline billing officers
Fares and ticketing instructors, system developers and tariff analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.