Passenger Fares and Ticketing - Advanced (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 93 participants from 10 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Travellers can demand complexed itineraries with lowest fares, and a travel professional should be able to price and quote journeys with single or multiple pricing units. However, the lowest combination of fares can lead to more penalties for cancellation and date changes. Learn how to quote pricing of complexed itineraries with surface sectors and how to determine different types of combinations: single versus multiple pricing units with possible end-on constructions and side-trips.
Course code: TALF-24-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Master steps and checks in normal fare construction of a single pricing unit as well as for two or more consecutive or contiguous pricing units
- Apply the latest IATA resolutions on different journeys and mileage exceptions
- Calculate fares for journeys with surface sectors
- Assess the impact of indirect travel limitations on fare construction and imbedded surface sectors
- Apply the latest minimum surface sector checks for open jaw journeys
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Special mileage provisions and exceptions
- Journeys with surface sectors
- Surface sector minimum checks
- Limitations on indirect travel
- Journeys with multiple pricing units
- Voluntary and involuntary refunds
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Experienced ticketing and reservations agents
- Line managers and sales supervisors
- Rate/help desk specialists and interline billing officers
- Fares and ticketing instructors, system developers and tariff analyst
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.