Passenger Ground Services (partner-taught or self-study)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 1376 participants from 58 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
45-hour partner-taught or self-study course
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline’s industry most visible airport position and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport. The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Course code: TALP-51
This course can be purchased at a discount as part of the Passenger Agent Essentials Bundle
- This is a partner-taught or self-study course, which will take you approximately 45 hours to complete, depending on your previous knowledge and experience.
- The course materials are provided in e-book or printed format. Please choose the format when you register.
- You will have 12 months to complete the course and exam (enrollment validity), which starts from the date you purchase the course.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note: Once you have completed the exam you will no longer have access to the course material, and after the 12-month enrollment validity expires you will no longer have access to the course content, nor will you be able to take the exam.
Study with the help of an Instructor
If you would prefer to study this course with the help of a local trainer, enrol at an IATA Authorized Training Center near you.
- Please refer to our shipping fees and applicable taxes.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account through our Customer Portal. If you have previously taken a course with IATA, please have your login details ready, if not, you will be prompted to create an account.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, a Training Account must be created for each individual. Registration and payment must be made through each individual Training Account. You may pay for multiple individuals by using one credit card or bank transfer in each individual’s users Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact our Customer Service representatives for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 400 (e-book) / USD 425 (printed)
USD 475 (e-book) / USD 500 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
Introduction to airport and airline operations
Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
Managing passenger interactions
Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam. Your certificate will be available to download from your Training Account.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions. Closed course book exam.
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airport Operations Foundation Diploma (self-study)
This Diploma is designed to address the audience of prospective Airport and Ground Operations professionals. The variety of available courses gives the opportunity to identify the key areas required to be able to perform task safely and efficiently.
Passenger Experience Excellence Diploma
Designed to cover passenger experience and digital transformation trends to provide your passengers with a seamless, secure and efficient travel journey that is highly personalized.