Passenger Ground Services Course
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 1376 participants from 58 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry's most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport. The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual (PSCRM).
Course code: TALP-51
- This course is available in printed and e-book format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 400 (e-book) / USD 425 (printed)
USD 475 (e-book) / USD 500 (printed)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Ensure safe and secure passenger and baggage transport
- Provide superior customer service in a demanding customer facing environment
- Learn about the latest technological innovations in passenger services
- Add value to existing and future employers looking to hire and retain knowledgeable and high performing personnel
Introduction to airport and airline operations
Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and off-site)
Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and flight close-out messaging
Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
Managing passenger interactions
Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staff
Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staff
Airport operators’ staff providing passenger services
Civil Aviation Authorities’ staff providing passenger services
Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agent
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions. Closed course book.
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: