Did you know that in the past 5 years, 412 participants from 46 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course is aimed at key personnel in the perishable air cargo logistics industry engaged in defining quality and risk management systems around the transport, handling and management of time and temperature-sensitive perishable shipments. Over 3 days you will learn how to use IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR), explore the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) methodology and learn how to use IATA’s CEIV (Center of Excellence for Independent Validators) fresh audit checklist and to implement it in your organization.
Course code: CEFR-02
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air Cargo Procedures and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) manual and applicable legislation
- Manage time and temperature sensitive perishables cargo
- Explain the importance of a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) based Perishable Cargo Safety Management System
- Implement a CEIV Fresh audit checklist
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- How to use IATA’s PCR
- Government and airline regulations
- Shipper’s and airline’s responsibilities
- Documentation and labelling
- Perishable handling procedures
- Damage, claims and tracking
- HACCP-based perishable safety
- CEIV fresh audit checklist
- Case studies
- Group exercise and games
- IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations
- IATA CEIV Fresh Audit Checklist
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo quality management
- Warehouse and ramp operational management
- Airline, handler and freight forwarder
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Please note: This certificate is valid for 36 months.