1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This one-day IATA course explores loss prevention and crime reduction strategies within the aviation industry. Learn the techniques that are available to you when detecting and mitigating organizational loss and crime, as well as the difference between business crime vs personnel crime, and the cost benefits of loss prevention. You will also learn the value of crime statistics and data collection, how you can identify initiatives, know how to utilize known strategies to understand principles of loss prevention or develop a bespoke crime reduction strategy, create awareness campaigns and reduce opportunities for crime. This course will also cover different types of fraud, technologies in use, crime prevention through environmental design, how to create organizational crime reduction awareness campaigns.
Course Code: TSCS-74-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize cost benefits of loss prevention Identify the cost related to the crime
- Develop a bespoke crime reduction strategy
- Outline the importance of crime statistics and data collection
- Explain the human factors impacting loss prevention culture
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Creating loss prevention culture across the business
- Techniques for crime preventive programs
- Creating awareness campaigns
- Reducing opportunities for crime
- Business crime vs personnel crime
- Crime prevention through environmental design
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80 or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.