(only for the period of July 2023 to June 2026)
To incentivize those interested to join, as well as already working in, the aviation sector to attend course(s) and sit for examinations(s) that are being offered by various education institutions, professional or trade bodies such as IATA, to enhance their skills and obtain professional qualifications, the Government of Hong Kong Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme under MATF supports the training of the maritime and aviation industries.
From July 2023 to June 2026 only, each successful applicant will be refunded 80% of their fees, subject to a maximum of HK$30,000 (whichever is less), for the completion of pre-approved courses or examinations (for courses AC 276-284) under the ProTERS.
Target beneficiaries in the aviation sector
- In-service practitioners of the aviation sector: Already working in the aviation industry of Hong Kong
- New joiners of the aviation sector: Newly enter the aviation industry of Hong Kong within four months after completion of the pre-approved courses / passing the pre-approved examinations.
*Persons who are eligible to apply
- The applicant must be:
- a Hong Kong resident and lawfully employable in Hong Kong; and
- in full-time employment in the aviation sector with an organization/company in Hong Kong at the time of application (with valid employment proof);
- The applicant has enrolled in or taken one of the pre-approved courses or examinations (for courses AC 276-284) and has completed the course to the satisfaction of the course provider or passed the examination.
- the applicant has not been granted any other forms of subsidy or financial assistance for the relevant pre-approved course/examination; and
- The applicant has to submit the application within 4 months after completion of the course(s) / passing the examination(s).
Applications (for students)
The applicant has to submit the application within 4 months after completion of the course(s) / passing the examination. For details on the eligibility and application procedures, please refer to the MATF website.