1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
In IATA’s one-day Security Incident Management course, learn about physical security incident management for operational and strategic areas of responsibility, with a focus on command and control. Discuss ways to provide critical analysis of different scenario-based incidents and potential responses, and look at emotional intelligence within the decision-making process, the human factors impacting resource allocation and stakeholder relationships resilience drivers for situational awareness.
Course Code: TSCS-77-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop command situational awareness
- Know how to plan and manage implementation
- Describe emotional intelligence
- Communicate in highly kinetic environments
- Recognize the human factors influencing decision making process
- Locate and prioritize resources
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Fostering a collaboration culture
- Analysis and resource management
- Triage management
- Crisis communications
- Resilience and response
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.