Introduction to Security Intelligence Analysis (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Learn about security intelligence analysis in this one-day IATA course and how to integrate intelligence reports into your decision-making process. Learn how to use bias identification, mind-mapping, creative thinking, and conceptual models in security analysis to establish ethical intelligence feeds and dissemination pathways in your intelligence-led framework. You'll be able to describe the principles of intelligence analysis, identify and manage intelligence reports and apply tools for information collection and analysis. Learn to use the analytical tools, resources, and methodology that are available to you, and how to be an enabler for quality controls when dealing with intelligence from multiple data collection points.
Course Code: TSCS-73-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of intelligence analysis
- Apply tools for information collection and analysis
- Identify and manage intelligence reports
- Establish ethical intelligence feeds and dissemination pathways Integrate intelligence reports into your decision making process
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Bias identification
- Conceptual models
- Principles of intelligence
- Analysis tools and resources
- Mind mapping and creative thinking
- Types of analysis and information collection
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma