Security Management System - SeMS Competency Test
The SeMS Competency Test is an industry benchmark of Security Management System (SeMS) knowledge. Supported by examination guidelines, the Competency Test establishes a harmonized way of assessing the SeMS compliance of individuals (SeMS Managers, IOSA security auditors) through a standardized, objective and transparent validation mechanism (compliance check). Over the past ten years, IATA has developed tools to support SeMS implementation, including IOSA guidance, SeMS training and the SeMS Manual, which are key to the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) program.
The results of this assessment could be used for qualifications check during recruitment; quality control; or to design an individual professional development plan (including IATA offering). It can also help to professionalize SeMS related positions by linking the assessment results with job-roles (SeMS/security managers, security supervisors, auditors, instructors).
Course code: TSCS-63
This course is available in e-textbook format with an online exam.
- This course requires approximately 6 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of a Security Management System
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 112 (eBook)
What you will learn
Successful completion of this test will:
- Validate your mastery of core SeMS elements
- Validate your ability to track, self-assess and report
SeMS implementation in an organization
- Contribute to harmonizing the level of SeMS
expertise across the industry
- Enable you to track your SeMS proficiency
development and identify areas of improvement,
when taken on a recurrent basis
- SeMS core principles
- Quality control and assurance
- Security Risk Management
- Continuous SeMS improvement
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airlines and GSP security managers
- SeMS managers
- Candidate Security Auditors for IOSA
- Security Auditors (including IOSA/ISAGO security
- Industry senior and middle level security
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple choice questions. Open textbook, with specific allowed resources that will be provided during the course (www.iata.org; www.icao.int; IOSA Standard Manual).
- Number of questions: 50
- Time Allowance: 1.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 80% correct answers
- A distinction grade of 88% or above is required to qualify as IOSA auditor for the security discipline
- Number of exam attempts: 1