Did you know that in the past 5 years, 110 participants from 34 countries have taken this course with IATA?
2-day (16 hours) classroom course
Gain the knowledge required to ship perishable cargo safely complying with industry standards meanwhile identifying interesting business development opportunities for your company. Whether it concerns fruits, pharmaceuticals, vegetables, frozen fish or flowers, perishables are, due to their nature, often shipped via air. These products are usually for human consumption, have a short shelf life and closely monitored by national government bodies. Ensuring this cargo is delivered at its destination within the best conditions requires a thorough understanding of the most up-to-date regulations and procedures. This course provides a detailed insight into the proper handling of perishable cargo.
Course code: TCGP-21
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
Improve time and temperature-sensitive cargo management with the latest methods and techniques
- Explore the latest industry trends and types of perishable commodities transported by air
- Recognize global government controls to reduce your business exposure
- Identify new market opportunities
- Describe the procedures and documents to improve service
- Use the current IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations (PCR) in line with other applicable publications
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- How to use IATA’s Perishable Cargo Regulations manual
- Government and airline regulations
- Carrier regulations
- Shipper’s and airline’s responsibilities
- Perishable types and their classification
- Packaging types
- Documentation and labelling
- Acceptance and control
- Perishable handling procedures
- ULD and airport operations
- Damage, claims and tracking
- Air transport of cut flowers
- CITES regulations
- Case studies
- Practical examples
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Perishable Cargo Regulations manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
This course is recommended for:
- All Cargo operations and ground handling staff responsible for handling any type of perishable cargo
- Cargo customer service and sales staff at airlines and cargo agents.
- Logistics/transportation department staff at shippers preparing perishable cargo for air transportation.
- Instructional designers and instructors responsible for cargo training
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Note: This certificate is valid for 36 months.