2-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Stay abreast with the latest Safety Management Systems (SMS) developments and practices. Ensure you can interpret an operational risk profile and set safety recommendations as well as strategies to improve the overall effectiveness of the management review process.
Course code: TALS-65-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe latest developments in regulatory requirements regarding safety management
- Identify challenges in sustaining the effective operation and the continuous improvement of your airline’s SMS
- Create safety risk profiles
- Develop safety risk mitigation recommendations based on safety risk profiles and monitor their performance
- Define criteria for the management of change activities and the estimation of the significance of change
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Latest changes in regulatory requirements and Industry best practices
- Safety performance management
- Safety risk profiles
- Safety risk mitigation recommendations
- Management of change
This course is recommended for:
- Safety specialists and managers
- Senior management
- Operational managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.