Safety Management System (SMS) Recurrent (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Stay abreast with the latest Safety Management Systems (SMS) developments and practices. Ensure you can interpret an operational risk profile and set safety recommendations as well as strategies to improve the overall effectiveness of the management review process.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-65
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the latest developments and practices in SMS
- Produce and present safety recommendations supported by a valid safety risk profile data interpretation
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of your Safety Management System or plan changes as appropriate
- Latest changes in regulatory requirements and Industry best practices
- Operational risk profile
- Safety recommendations
- Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs) evaluation and improvement
- Change management process
- Management review process
- Apply course objectives to your company’s operations with the help of practical exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety specialists and managers
- Senior management
- Operational managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.