Safety Management Systems (SMS) - Train the Trainer (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 412 participants from 57 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
This course will provide you with an in-depth look at the challenges and best practices related to training in the area of Safety Management Systems (SMS). The course is designed to cater to the needs of professionals already active within airlines and who deal with questions such as “does our SMS training curriculum comply with all regulatory requirements?”, “How can I make SMS training relevant and engaging for everyone in the airline?”, and “How do I develop SMS training that delivers concrete improvements in our safety indicators?” Besides answers to these questions, this course will provide you with insights to advance your comprehension of the specific characteristic of your airline so you may lead the reflection on safety training with your colleagues and stakeholders.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-35
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
28 - 30 September, 2022
Register before 28 Jun, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 07 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148904
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the need for SMS training in your organization
- Determine the scope of an SMS training
- Develop an SMS training according to organizational needs
- Summarize best practices in delivering SMS training to different audiences
- Apply best practices for evaluating the effectiveness of training and implementing appropriate corrections
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Challenges of SMS training
- Scope of SMS training and regulatory requirements
- Conducting training needs analysis
- Key steps in the design and development of an SMS training program
- Effective training delivery across formats
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training
- Interactive exercises
- Case studies
- Role play and presentations
- Final assessment
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety instructors and subject-matter experts
- Corporate or operational safety managers
- Post holders in quality assurance/ compliance / Operations (Ground, Flight, Cabin and others
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Safety Management for Airlines Diploma
Gain a complete and updated knowledge on the current safety management issues and best practices.