Safety Risk Management (SRM) with Simulation (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course plus 12 hours of simulation exercises
In IATA’s Safety Risk Management (SRM) with Simulation course, learn why it is important to conduct a safety risk assessment. Three days of instruction in the classroom are followed by 2 days of exercises using IATA's Safety simulation tool. Your challenge is to use the information, data, and performance indicators within the simulation tool to take the necessary actions based on your team's evaluation, while the Safety simulation tool provides a realistic and risk-free environment to carry out your scenarios. Review your safety risk management process according to the ICAO Safety Performance requirements. Learn how to improve operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage. Make decisions and recommendations based on analyzing different safety risk scenarios, gain experience in a competitive and challenging environment, and use critical thinking to stimulate discussion and develop key skills and competencies needed to build a positive safety culture.
Course Code: TALS-92-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days plus an additional 2 days (12 hours) of simulation exercise.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes. For the simulation exercises there will be 2 sessions per days each of 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- You should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the key principles in safety management
- Describe Safety Risk Management processes
- Use Safety Risk Management activities and tools
- Apply safety risk management concepts in a simulated airline operating environment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Safety management principles
- Safety risk management
- Operational system description
- Components and activities of an operational system
- Processes, activities and tools
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety risk evaluation
- Safety assurance
- Safety performance monitoring
- The relationship between safety risk management and safety assurance
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline operations managers
- Corporate and operational safety managers, analysts, coordinators
- Quality managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: