Integrated Risk Management (IRM) Diploma
About the diploma
Learn the integrated risk management techniques developed by IATA for aviation operations. Through four courses, review IRM skills and theory to manage the multiple risks that affect aviation organizations and the industry.
Diploma code: DIPL-65
What you will learn
This diploma prepares you to:
- Assess the maturity of your organization’s risk management activities and address areas for improvement
- Understand risk management methodology and how to apply key IRM techniques
- Measure your risk management performance
- Promote the importance of corporate governance and compliance with relevant regulatory standards within an organization
Who should attend
This diploma is recommended for:
- Insurance managers, brokers and solicitors
- Professionals in safety, ground operations, and other operational areas
- Operational personnel responsible for managing day-to-day risks
Candidates must complete 2 Required courses and 2 Elective courses within three years.
A passing mark of 70% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 2 Required and 2 selected Elective courses that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 2 Required courses
- 2 Elective courses
Risk Management Implementation (classroom)
This course is an intensive hands-on course which will enable you to confidently identify and manage risks at the organization, department or station level.
Safety Management Systems (SMS) for Airlines (classroom)
Developed in accordance with ICAO principles, this course helps you fulfill SMS requirements and establish a functional SMS within your operations.
Quality Management (QMS) for Airlines (classroom)
This course provides an introduction to QMS components and objectives that you can establish within your operations.
Root Cause Analysis (classroom)
This course provides instruction on problem solving and corrective action plan processes you can immediately apply within your organization to start making improvements to your operational performance.
Safety Management Systems (SMS) - Implementation and Control (classroom)
This practical course gives you the expertise to implement a successful Safety Management System (SMS) in your airline with the latest tools and processes.
Safety Performance Indicators (classroom)
Learn the foundations of Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs), and how to practically develop them, integration of safety objectives, SPIs and safety performance targets .
Safety Risk Management (classroom)
Learn how to improve your operational safety by correctly identifying hazards, providing effective controls to mitigate safety risks, and reducing equipment loss and damage.