Safety Management Systems (SMS) - Implementation and Control (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
This practical course gives you the expertise to implement a successful Safety Management System (SMS) in your airline with the latest tools and processes. Gain the skills to implement a phased and manageable workload that will allow you to comply with regulatory requirements. Learn how to take a proactive approach to risk management and promote an ongoing safety culture within your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-06
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
9 - 12 November, 2020
Please register by 19 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 117308
This class is offered in cooperation with Turkish Airlines
Aviation Academy. The regional price applies to residents of Turkey.
For information and to register, please contact:
Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy
Ataturk Airport; Gate B 34149 Yesilkoy
Phone: +90 (212) 463 63 63 - 12360 - 14257 - 13101
Benefit from the Early Bird discount of 20% if you register 3 months prior to the course start date or USD100 if you register 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the current degree of implementation in your organization and deploy an SMS implementation plan
- Apply ICAO’s safety management concepts and processes to your SMS
- Manage the SMS implementation workload as well as the deliverables for each stage of your plan
- Secure managerial support for your SMS changes
- Explain the benefits of having a SMS
- SMS overview
- SMS design and preparation knowledge
- Phased approach to SMS implementation
- SMS gap analysis and action tools
- Safety risk management
- Reactive and proactive processes
- Operational safety assurance and promotion
- Safety reporting
- The management of change
- SMS continuous improvement
- Benefits of airlines having a SMS
- Practical exercises to apply the course objectives to your company’s operations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety specialists and managers
- Senior management
- Operational managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: