Risk Management Implementation (Classroom, 5 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 347 participants from 30 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn how to integrate enterprise-wide risk management in line with global standards, with the operational safety risk management followed in IOSA, ISAGO and AHM requirements. Learn how to implement it within your organization to achieve good corporate governance and effective internal controls. Use a consistent, standardized and adaptable approach to risk identification and analysis, risk rating and development of practical risk treatment action plans. This course is an intensive hands-on course which will enable you to confidently identify and manage risks at the organization, department or station level.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-33
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Conduct a risk management workshop in your organization
- Develop comprehensive risk registers in line with the IATA Integrated Risk Management (IRM) technique
- Use practical risk management practices to achieve better internal controls and corporate governance
- Key elements of risk
- What is risk?
Types of controls available
Risk management process
Risk management components to be implemented
Sample customized risk model for the aviation industry
Sample risk rating parameters
- Risk management workshop (mock run)
- Workshop objectives and mechanics
- Mock airline information pack linked to the mock ground handler case study above
- Case studies
- Mock risk workshop
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Risk management personnel / professionals (Enterprise-wide and/or Operational Safety Risk Management)
- Insurance managers, brokers and solicitors
- Professionals in safety, ground operations, and other operational areas
- Operational personnel responsible for managing day-to-day risks
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: