Did you know that in the past 5 years, 347 participants from 30 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn how to integrate enterprise-wide risk management in line with global standards, with the operational safety risk management followed in IOSA, ISAGO and AHM requirements. Learn how to implement it within your organization to achieve good corporate governance and effective internal controls. Use a consistent, standardized and adaptable approach to risk identification and analysis, risk rating and development of practical risk treatment action plans. This course is an intensive hands-on course which will enable you to confidently identify and manage risks at the organization, department or station level.
Course code: TALS-33
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop comprehensive risk registers in line with the IATA Integrated Risk Management (“IRM”) methodology
- Conduct a risk management workshop in your organization
- Use practical risk management practices to achieve better internal controls and corporate governance
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Key elements of risk
- What is integrated risk management?
- What is risk versus hazard?
- Risk management process
- Risk management components to be implemented
- Sample customized risk model for the aviation industry
- Sample risk rating parameters
- Risk management workshop
- Workshop objectives and mechanics
- Mock airline information pack
- Case studies
- Mock risk workshop
This course is recommended for:
- Risk management personnel / professionals (Enterprise-wide and/or Operational Safety Risk Management)
- Insurance managers, brokers and solicitors
- Professionals in safety, ground operations, and other operational areas
- Operational personnel responsible for managing day-to-day risks
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.