Risk Management Implementation (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Learn how to integrate enterprise-wide risk management in line with global standards, with the operational safety risk management followed in IOSA, ISAGO and AHM requirements. Learn how to implement it within your organization to achieve good corporate governance and effective internal controls. Use a consistent, standardized and adaptable approach to risk identification and analysis, risk rating and development of practical risk treatment action plans. This course is an intensive hands-on course which will enable you to confidently identify and manage risks at the organization, department or station level.
Please note: This virtual classroom course is under refinement.
The final course content may be slightly different than displayed. IATA reserves the right to change the course content without notice. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Course code: TALS-33-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
20 - 23 April, 2021
Register before 20 Jan, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 06 Apr
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130461
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Conduct a risk management workshop in your organization
- Develop comprehensive risk registers in line with the IATA Integrated Risk Management (IRM) technique
- Use practical risk management practices to achieve better internal controls and corporate governance
- Key elements of risk
- What is risk?
Types of controls available
Risk management process
Risk management components to be implemented
Sample customized risk model for the aviation industry
Sample risk rating parameters
- Risk management workshop (mock run)
- Workshop objectives and mechanics
- Mock airline information pack linked to the mock ground handler case study above
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Risk management personnel / professionals (Enterprise-wide and/or Operational Safety Risk Management)
- Insurance managers, brokers and solicitors
- Professionals in safety, ground operations, and other operational areas
- Operational personnel responsible for managing day-to-day risks
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: